Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a secular organization open to all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.
The Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers is offering scholarships to students continuing their education in either a two year or four year college or university or a technical or vocational program.
Successful applicants will have 1) specific vocational goals and a plan for achieving them, 2) exemplary commitment to their vocational goals, and 3) a connection to Edmonds, as described below. Financial need may be a consideration in determining who receives a grant and the size of the grant awarded.
Eligible applicants must:
- Currently attend a school or home school in the Edmonds School District.
Eligible applicants may be:
- High school seniors planning to continue their education in a two or four year institution.
- Students enrolling in a technical or vocational training program.
Application requirements: To be considered for a scholarship, all of the following must be received by the application deadline.
- Completed Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers Professional/Technical Education Scholarship Application.
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members, such as community leaders, teachers, or others familiar with your plans and/or your character.
- Unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- [Optional] Supporting documents, such as certificates, letters of merit, awards, etc.
Letters of recommendation may be included with the application or transmitted separately. However, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that letters of recommendation are received by Rotary by the deadline. APPLICATIONS THAT ARE INCOMLETE AFTER MARCH 31, 2018 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please limit your total packet to a maximum of 12 pages.
Application documents may be
Mailed to: Professional/Technical Education Committee
Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers
PO Box 1584
Edmonds, WA 98020
Emailed to: EdmondsDaybreakersScholarship@gmail.com
Application Deadline: Application must be received by Rotary on or before March 31, 2018.
For more information:
- Our website is www.daybreakersrotary.com Send email inquiries to EdmondsDaybreakersScholarhip@gmail.com