2017 Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers
Professional/Technical Education Scholarships
Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a secular organization open to all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.
The Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers is offering scholarships to students continuing their education in either a two year or four year college or university. In addition, the student may apply for scholarships in technical and vocational programs.
Successful applicants will have 1) specific vocational goals and a plan for achieving them, 2) exemplary commitment to their vocational goals, and 3) a connection to Edmonds, as described below. Financial need may be a consideration in determining who receives a grant and the size of the grant awarded.
Eligible applicants must:
- Currently live or attend school in the Edmonds School District.
Eligible applicants may be:
- High school seniors planning to continue their education in a two or four year institution
- Students enrolling in a vocational training program
Application requirements: To be considered for a scholarship, all of the following must be received by the application deadline.
- Completed Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers Professional/Technical Education Scholarship Application (click here to download).
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members, such as community leaders, teachers, or others familiar with your plans and/or your character.
- Unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- [Optional] Supporting documents, such as certificates, letters of merit, awards, etc.
Letters of recommendation may be included with the application or transmitted separately. However, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that letters of recommendation are received by Rotary by the deadline. APPLICATIONS THAT ARE INCOMLETE AFTER APRIL 17, 2017 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please limit your total packet to a maximum of 12 pages.
Application documents may be
- Mailed to:
Professional/Technical Education Committee
Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers
PO Box 1584
Edmonds, WA 98020
- Emailed to:
Application must be received by Rotary on or before April 17, 2017.
Finalists may be notified and scheduled for an interview.
For more information:
- Send email inquiries to EdmondsDaybreakersScholarhip@gmail.com
- Download this announcement.
For more information on the Edmonds Jazz Connection scholarships, please click here.